Sunday, August 2, 2009

Went grocery shopping with dad today. Like some ancient hunter-gather I wander through the wilderness of consumerism. To think people actually try to make art of this stuff. I wouldn't pay to study something I eat or wash myself with. I'll never buy a single popwork from Warhol. I remember dad would listen to his Walkman while washing the dishes in our condominium in Burlington, Vermont. I should remember the way he handled work. It might come in handy. But then they invented dishwashers and that kind of took the fun out of it. I take care of that department in her current home.

Nothing like a little Judy Garland to make a bad day into a perfect one. I blare her tunes from stereo speakers. I love her so much. I want her so much. The very sound of her voice lifts me up to a heavenly climax. It's strange but I've never been much for stargazing even when I lived in out in the country in Morrisville, Vermont and you could see a lot on a clear night. I was wrapped up in the hit film of the day Toy Story and formed all my imaginary games around it. We go through phases you know. In Kuwait the city lights blotted out the night sky but there was so much there to grab one's attention. I grew to love the city as it was represented there.

No comments:

Post a Comment