Friday, July 17, 2009

The main event this summer has been my driving lessons with mother. A combination of flashcards and textbook questionnaires have constituted the bulk of the venture. I hope to pass a test either this month or the next and begin to actually learn the ends and outs of operating a car, to get my hands dirty so to speak. She already has the perfect driving instructor picked out. Mother thinks of everything you know. The ambition and drive she received from her German ancestors has made every task she undertakes a study in stern efficiency for as long as I can remember. She seems quite addicted to work and lost without it. But it all doesn't quite conceal her heart of gold.

Xander drove me us both to a sandwich shop for dinner. HE already knows how to drive. If I could drive would it make life any easier? Would I know where to go?

Have really gotten into Jack London lately. I read as much as I can of the classics. Always seeking to improve myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment